Friday, August 27, 2010

One Out of Three Ain't Bad

OK, I used the fact that my internet was down for three days last week as an excuse to not post all of the reasons why I did not let go of three cookbooks.

This week I decided I'd better look a little more closely at why I was resisting giving away the cookbooks. Here it is: They each represent the fantasy future in which I always cook amazing, delicious, healthy meals. And there's more: I'm actually making that future a reality little by little, so every time I pick up a cookbook to toss, I start thinking that I actually MIGHT make these dishes!

So here's what I did. I tossed all my cooking magazines (OK, there were only four, but still, I'd had one of them since 2003), and decided to count that as one book. One down, two to go.

I next decided that I would start cooking one new recipe a week. If I get annoyed by a cookbook because it doesn't actually have anything I want to or can easily cook, it can go. It feels reasonable, and I'm moving forward.

We'll see how it goes, and if I master any mouth-watering dishes I'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment